What is emergency lighting?
Legislation requires that all occupied buildings have adequate emergency escape lighting and charges the person in control, with the safety of everyone in the building. This duty of care includes the provision of emergency lighting.
Emergency lighting enables all occupants to safely exit the premises, should the mains power fail. The loss of mains electricity could be the result of a sudden power cut, or a fire, but ultimately leading to abrupt darkness and possible danger to its occupants.
Workplace regulations also require building owners to regularly test emergency lighting systems and ensure that they are maintained in full working order.
Services that Morrissey offer include:
· Planning and designing of the best system for your requirements, adhering to BS5266
· Permanent installation of fittings
· Statutory testing to BS5266
· Maintenance of the system
· Providing the legally required certification.